Afternoon Brunch: Cheesy Garlic Bread


Hello, and welcome back to our cafe!

Good to see you again,

Ahh..it's been raining all day, yet I love this kind of weather (no need to turn on the aircon all day, energy saving!). Since I woke up today, I've been listening to Jazz all day--I found this playlist called Jazz Relax and Smooth Jazz, well thanks to Spotify. It kind of succeed on brighten up my mood.

Anyway, nowadays I feel like my world, our world, is spinning really fast. Minutes, hours, days, comes by like suddenly weekend is here again, and so on. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I feel rather anxious. It's not that I overthink something, it's just that I had a lot in my mind but there's like something holding me so I can't let it out.. I'm not sure..

Adulting. I think that's the keypoint of what I feel nowadays. Ever since I graduated, I feel like I'm moving so fast.. I've got new job, new friends, new collegues, and new responsibilities. I didn't even got the chance to get to know myself and spent more time with myself.

I see that maybe that's the problem, the thing that keeps holding me back.. is myself, my past self. My future self, however, will always keep moving forward and won't stop, and then there's my present self. She's the one who stands in the middle and being pulled by both sides. She knows what to do, she's in the process of getting to know her future self. Yet on the other side, she's being pulled by her past self. Doubts and hesitations are the results.

Right now my present self are still in the process of coming closer to my future self. The one I had in my mind. My past self, she won't let go of me that easy but I know for sure one day she'll let me go, it's just the matter of time.

While making cheesy garlic bread, you need to turn the bread over and over in order for it to be perfectly grilled. Then adding mozarella cheese on top of it then wait until it melted, and there it is--perfectly warm cheesy garlic bread! There's no turning back anymore, once you've added the cheese.

I will continue to carry on the process of getting to know and becoming closer to my future self. It is OK for my past self to be there, in order for me to be prefectly mature. But once I met my future self, there'll be no turning back, even my past self won't bother me anymore.

Ohh and I've wrapped this garlic bread for you to eat at home! We have some leftover in our kitchen. It's free so take it and come again, see you!

Tiramisu Choco
#29/4/20

Comments